All our photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
Picture ID: 110847156 – Standard license – Depositphotos
To some persons, a meal is not complete without some form of protein. We can make cakes, puddings, yams, and rice. But in their mind, the meat is necessary. We have no problem with that. In fact, We love that idea as this gives us a reason to show off our next recipe.
Come on, who doesn’t love fresh strawberries accompanying delicious well seasoned, and cooked chicken. This is one meal in which all the ingredients take center stage. The berries are evident, and their presents felt, so is the chicken and all the herbs and spices involved in making this dish.
You can get your chicken breast from your favorite store, as long as they are fresh and juicy. Berries, too, can be sourced from your local farm or grocer. Just remember, the fresher the fruits and chicken, the better it will be for the recipe. Don’t forget that fresh strawberries go quickly, so plan your time wisely.
This dish is delicious, with a straightforward recipe that anyone can follow. Excuse me if I use the words delicious, tasty, breathtaking, and outstanding throughout this text, as I am just overwhelmed by this easy and simple dish with such a big taste.
All you need to do is to start by roasting the chicken breast or thighs. Whichever you prefer is fine. You do not need a lot of spices for roasting. You can add a little salt and pepper as well as some balsamic vinegar. While your meat is in the oven, cut your strawberries and add to some feta or goat cheese and a little basil.
After your chicken is roasted to your desire, add the strawberry mixture and a little more balsamic vinegar to the top, and that is it. Of course, you can follow the recipe step by step if you feel you need more guidance. But that is it in a nutshell. If you are a pro in the kitchen, this should be a breeze for you. If you hate the kitchen and wish you did not have to be in there, you can pull off this recipe with ease.
Especially with the holiday’s being so close, I am sure this recipe will come in handy for a mid-day brunch or just lunch to catch up with your family and loved ones. If you do not like roast, you can always grill your chicken and develop different ways to enjoy this fascinating meal.
I would recommend you just going ahead and making twice the recipe amount. The recipe below serves four persons, but I am sure you will need more as your family will love this. If you do not listen, don’t say I never warned you; When you have to be making a second batch.
Balsamic Chicken with Strawberries, Basil and Feta Cheese
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint strawberries washed, drained, and chopped
- 6 ounces feta or goat cheese chopped or crushed
- ½ cup fresh basil or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place chicken in a baking pan based and coated with salt and pepper on both sides and drizzle with half of the balsamic vinegar.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Please ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. And your roasted chicken is ready.
- Next Step:
- While the chicken is roasting in the oven, prepare strawberries, cheese, and basil and combine them in a bowl.
- Top chicken with strawberry mixture and drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar.
- Serve and enjoy.