Disclaimer: Without conscious bias, we independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
A blender may be one of the most common appliances found in a person’s home. They are used to make grating and grinding processes much easier, they offer new ways to create recipes and to create dishes as no other kitchen tool can. We have seen people make a complete meal in a blender so no one can doubt its usefulness. This is why we would like to assist you in finding the right one.
Choosing the right blender all comes back to what you will be using the blender primary for and your family’s needs.
Now let us explore how you should select a blender.
What to look for in a blender?
Knowing what to look for in a blender sounds easy enough! Right? I mean, it’s just a blender. But nothing can be further from the truth. So before you purchase your new blender, ensure you consider:
- The size you need.
The larger a family is, the bigger the blender they would need. This is to avoid making the same thing multiple times because the blender you purchased was too small. Blenders come in a variety of sizes ranging from 2 cups right up to 14 cups.
- The amount you are willing to invest in your blender.
This decision will determine whether you are getting a traditional blender, a professional blender, or somewhere in between.
- What attachments would you need on your blender?
The more attachments, the more fantastic the blender. Well, that’s for me anyway. Before you purchase, decide if you would like special attachments such as a coffee grinder, mixing bowl, personal cup, or smoothie bowl with your blender.
How we picked and reviewed?
The blenders featured here were picked after diligent research was conducted. We considered several factors to include customer reviews, product descriptions, and overall placement and ranking of the product on amazon. Other factors like the quality of the materials used to make the blender and how versatile the blender is were also considered. In the end, we have categorized each blender in various categories that persons seek the most when looking to purchase a blender online. Let us begin.
Quick List of The Best Blenders for 2022 and beyond.
- Best capacity blender: Ninja Professional Countertop Blender with 1100-Watt base
- Best blender for personal use: Ninja Personal Blender
- Best Overall Blender: Vitamix Blender Professional-Grade
- Best countertop blender: WantJoin Professional Blender
- Best blender with Smart technology: Oster Blender Pro
- Best Budget Blender: Hamilton Beach Power Elite Blender
- Best Variety in versatility: Ninja Foodi SS351 Power Blender & Processor System
This is a blender from the popular brand ninja. This blender operates at 1100 watts, making it a total professional grade. There are over three speeds on this blender in addition to a single-serve function and a pulse function. The picture has a capacity of 72 ounces and can crush ice in a matter of seconds. The professional ninja blender is also dishwasher safe and includes an inspiration guide with all your favorite drinks and meals. You will find this blender receiving multiple positive reviews on amazon.com. Customers also love our affordable it is Compared to similar blenders which have identical functions.
- Two personal 16-ounce cups are included with this blender.
- Easy clean-up.
- This blender comes with fewer accessories than similar blenders with the same or lower price.
- It tends to leak in the base and the Jar.
Here is a small blender with lots of power—this blender at 700 W power with Pulse technology. The unit comes with two 16 ounce cups, two slip and spills covers, and a 30-page recipe guide to ensure you get the most out of your blender. The blender is also dishwasher safe and is excellent for making frozen blends such as Crushing ice and making frozen juices and smoothies. You will also find that the blender is very cost-effective given the power and how much it can do. You can use this blender from almost anywhere as it comes equipped with a 36-inch electric cord.
- This blender is Cost-efficient
- Very easy to use for most customers.
- Only uses 110 voltage
- The finish and material used to make this blender is plastic.
Here is a blender from popular brand Vitamix. This blender is made of plastic and is considered professional grade because of it’s high quality and ability to multitask. You will find that this blender can handle both hot and cold and can even blend to a boil. A favorite feature for many is the self-cleaning option where all is needed is a bit of dishwashing liquid and some warm water and your blender will be cleaned. There is also a seven year warranty provided by manufacturers. The blade of this blender is stainless steel and it would require a 110 volt electric current to carry it.
- Known for high performance and sound quality
- Plastic Jar is less likely to break on impact
- Works with 110 Volt current users with a 220 Volt may be at a disadvantage
- More on the expensive side
Here is a blender with a 2 L capacity, wave role in technology, and a one-button automatic clean. This blender can adapt to 220 W power and stainless steel blades, making crushing ice and smoothing ingredients a breeze. The manufacturer states that even your fish can be prepared in this blender thanks to its automatic function. The speed control on this fender is incredible as you can texture your ingredients with the switch of a button. The time controlling process allows your blender to automatically stop when the set time is achieved. This can give peace of mind while multitasking and using your blender.
- Professional grade
- It may be less easy to use than other blenders.
- Warranty is limited on this blender.
Here is a blender we do not see very often. This is a blender with intelligent technology. The seven-speed blender includes three pre-program settings for your everyday blending needs. The glass jar on this blender can hold up to six cups and is dishwasher safe. While on the smaller side, this blender is ideal for customers who do not use their blender often or are not catering to many people. The manufacturers of this blend or offer a 10-year warranty against durability. The blender has a stylish design and also comes with a personal cup.
- Innovative technology is included with this blender
- 10-year warranty against durability from the manufacturers.
- It only uses a 120 Volt current
- This blender may be too small for some users
This blender by Hamilton Beach has a 700-watt output. The blender is excellent for ice crushing and gives a smooth, consistent blend. There are over 12 blending functions with this blender and five buttons on the control panel, making it easy to use and understand. You can make smoothies, shakes, juices, and a lot more with this blender. For those who hate the messy clean-up with this blender, you will get a no-mess pouring spout. Did I also mention that this blender is one of the most affordable on our list? Let us explore this Hamilton Beach blend further.
- A three-year warranty is provided with this blender.
- This blender is dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a unique pouring spout.
- Most suited for a simple blending task.
- It May not be as long-lasting as other blenders.
- Does not come with a travel jar.
This blender leads the most versatile category for good reasons. You will be getting three vessels on a single base. Not only does this save space, but it still provides all the varieties you need. It can be a processor pitcher, a power blender, Smoothie Bowl Maker, and a nutrient extraction cup. The Motor in this blender is a 1400 peak watt power-dense motor. The food processor and power blender offer a dough blade, a chopping blade, a total crushing blade. The Smoothie bowl maker and extraction cups also come with lids which makes storage easier. You will find that a cleaning brush and recipe guide provided with this blender come in handy from time to time.
- Great all in one option
- Reasonable size
- It comes with the parts you need for most task
- The food processor bowl is not included
- It does not work well when too much is added at a time.
- It does not come with a juicing feature.
Care and maintenance
Nowadays, most blenders are made with a self-cleaning option. However, if your blender is not self-cleaning, here are a few tips and how to care for your blender.
Be sure to wash your blender correctly to avoid cross-contamination of food. Primarily when nuts and eggs are used in your blender, ensure it is clean properly before the subsequent use. Be sure to wash your blender correctly to avoid cross-contamination of food. Primarily when nuts and eggs are used in your blender, ensure it is adequately cleaned before the subsequent use.
Store your blender in a clean and dry area when not in use. Dry your blender correctly and immediately after washing to avoid mold and rust.
Don’t let the compact size fool you; Blenders can be very dangerous if not used properly. So here are a few safety tips you should consider when operating a blender:
- Do not place utensils such as scrapers and spatulas inside the blender that is still in use. Ensure you unplug or turn off the blender before doing so.
- Do not cover the Motor of the blender while in use. Allow cool air to circulate freely to avoid your Motor overheating.
- Do not place your hand inside the blender until it is unplugged and cooled. Also, be careful of sharp blades.
- Do not attempt to use a 120-volt blender on 220-volt electricity and vice versa.
These are simple instructions that many overlook. Be sure to keep them in mind for best practices.
A blender can be one of the most valuable tools for so many different tasks in the kitchen. Like most appliances, not all blenders are made equal. There are some blenders more suited for specific needs and specific household sizes.
In this article, we presented seven of the best blenders in their categories. Whether you are looking for a blender for your personal use or a professional-grade blender, we hope you found one from our list today.
We also hope that our safety precaution tips and care and maintenance tips were helpful in your decision-making process. Be sure to let us know if you found a blender most suited for your needs.