All our photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
Picture ID: 101588542 – Standard license – Depositphotos
There’s a healthy alternative for almost every food you can imagine. Nevertheless, I wouldn’t trade gluten-free popcorn for anything. Instead, I chose to make it healthier by combing it with trail mix or kale. Of course, I didn’t sacrifice on the salty-buttery taste either. It’s just a pleasure worth having. And that’s perfectly okay. Now that you know my comfort snack, what yours?
Lemony Kale Popcorn
Be it popcorn, or something else. This combining idea works exceptionally well. Mix in a superfood or crunchy protein, if you usually feel guilty after indulging. It’s also a way to stay your healthiest self while you’re indoors binging on books, timelines, or television.
Maybe you love kale. Or want to add a superfood to your diet. I don’t blame you. More than a green hue, kale is high in iron, antioxidants, calcium, and vitamins A, C, and K. Topped with lemon zest, this recipe is nutrient-dense with only 130 calories. Now let’s learn to make lemony kale popcorn.
Healthy Popcorn Snacks
- 7 cups popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups kale finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Ensure kale is completely dry. Then toss with olive oil and salt.
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet and bake until crispy; about 11 minutes.
- Stir once or twice to prevent burning it. Transfer to the countertop to cool.
- Add crisp kale and lemon zest to a food processor and grind into a fine powder.
- Microwave popcorn. Throw into a bowl and add the fine powder. Stir well.